“KlezFest St. Petersburg 2007” provided the framework for an international seminar for those who perform and research the traditional music of Eastern-European Jews.
The seminar program included:
- master-classes on klezmer music: stylistics of performance and orchestration, repertoire, and ensemble playing;
- master-classes on Yiddish song: vocal skills, repertoire, and stylistics of performance;
- Yiddish language classes (two levels — beginning and advanced);
- lectures on Jewish musical folklore;
- evening programs: concerts, round tables, master classes on Jewish dance, excursions around St. Petersburg, and traditional outings aboard the “KlezBoat” on the rivers and canals of the city.
We invite you to acquaint yourself with the "Klezfest 2007" program and information about the teachers.